Helping Daddy

Written by Elena @The Art of Making a Baby on. Posted in BABY, Daily, Life as a Toddler, PHOTO, TODDLER

How does a girly girl like Lexi likes fixing up things and helping daddy assemble toys? Wait till you see her with a toy hammer and a screwdriver pounding at our walls.

I just had to share this super cute exchange between the two of them when I asked Andrew to help me assemble our new Strider Balance Bike.

Now we just have to get her a helmet and she’s off to learn how to ride a balance bike!

Not Blogged_20130623_00001

Strider Bike
   Not Blogged_20130623_00003

Not Blogged_20130623_00004

Not Blogged_20130623_00005

Not Blogged_20130623_00006

Would you believe she actually managed to get the wrench in the hole without any help or direction. This girl knows her way around tools! :)

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• kat

so cute – Peanut LOVES to help with tools. She even has her very own tool set. Girls rule 😉

• Jenna / Eat Drink Pretty

Way too cute! Nothing sweeter than daughters and their daddy. Funnily enough, my Juliet’s favorite book is about a daddy and little boy helping him build a dog house. Maybe we need to buy her a tool set?!

• Mrs Loquacious

Already?!? Has she mastered her Smart Trike already?!

Oh no, pedaling has nothing to do with balancing. The balance bike is to learn balance, once that’s mastered the pedaling is easy enough. We’ll probably do both at the same time. I’m not sure which ones she’ll learn first, but balance bike can be started at 18 months.

• Josey

I love this series of pictures!

I know you’ve already bought your Strider bike, but I’d love if you shared this with your readers — http://axelproject.com/

Axel was a daycare playmate of my daughter’s, and he was sadly killed in Mexico about 4 months ago. This charity his parents have started donates a Strider bike to a child in need for every bike bought. It’s a great cause in memory of a great kid for exactly the same price as you’d buy the bike on amazon or elsewhere.

Thanks!

• Krista

Elena–I can’t believe how much Lexi has thinned out since she started walking. Where is all that adorable chub? She’s really a toddler!

• Elena C.

Oh she’s soooo adorable :)
    So focused and serious :)

• Anushka

Lexi’s fine motor skills are AMAZING!!

• Laura

My daughter has always wanted to help anytime it comes to tools, she would always amaze me at how intricate she would get and all the things she remembers from working on projects with her dad! She was never content with pretend tools she needed the real deal.

• Paul Nelson

Wow, she looks very cute. I love these pictures, really fun when dad and daughter help each other. Very happy!