What brings me the most joy…

Written by Elena @The Art of Making a Baby on. Posted in BABY, FUN TIMES, PHOTO

is photography. Photographing my little girl.

I don’t think I am great at it. I am average. But it gives me so much happiness taking photos and then sifting through them, organizing them , processing them. It’s a shame I can’t to on a vacation and organize my photos all day long for 2 weeks …

So while I was gone from here , from life, without having my laptop and my precious photos, and while working on launching Daily Mom, there have been many photos taken a filed away.

Here’s a small part of what I have shot. In just 2 months (has it really been two months) Alexis has changed greatly. I have a lot to catch up on – I know… But I am loving having this blog, and managing Daily Mom and being a SAHM/WAHM to the most adorable toddler in the world and a wife to the most hardworking loving man in the world. I never thought my life would take this kind of track. That I would be a full on MOM. A mom with hobbies and interests and work, but still a MOM, one completely dedicated to her daughter. Yet I am and I am going to embrace it.

11 Months old

swing2

slide

colors

b&w

Tags: , , , , , ,

• Erica @ To the Sea

What a cutie! I can’t believe how big our babies are getting. I’m obsessed with photographing mine too, even though I’m not nearly as good as photography as you, haha. It’s getting even harder with all the running around.

• Ashley

Average photographer?? Please! You are amazing!! Your daughter is beautiful. :)

AAAwww that seriously is one of the best compliments I could get…Thank you.

I do have a ton of room for improvement though.

• Erin @ Two Blue Sparrows

She is just so cute! I love what a ham she is LOL I am often in awe of my own toddler. I never thought I would love being a mom so much but it truly has settled me. Does Lexie try to play music? We just got my daughter a drum set and piano and she goes to town on them!

Yes she loves music. She has a few drums and a kitty keyboard that she often tries to sing along with. We also have a full size adult keyboard and a drum kit that we play on and she tries too.

• Kayla

I cannot get over how gorgeous her hair is! It is so beautiful! It looks like it photographs with a reddish tint!

I love seeing her grow up via your blog and absolutely can’t wait to meet her in person!

xoxo little Lexicon

• Anna

Go, girls :-)))))

• Jess

Yes!! This is why your photography for moms series is so cool- everyone should be able to take beautiful pictures like these of their families :)

Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

• Erica @ to the sea

I agree… I would like to know how you achieve that faded look in the 11.5 pictures. I see it done all the time, but when I try to do it it looks horrible.

• Ana O

My favorite are the photos of her on the tumble furniture. Love the contrast of stripes and dark room. Really is unique. Good job!

• andrea p

first of all, i love your photography & your blog!
    next, i was wondering what size you order the headbands in from Hopscotch Boutique? My daughter is about Lexie’s age & I want to place an order.
    Thanks Elena :-)

I stopped ordering headbands because Lexi takes them off. but why don’t you just send her your daughter’s head size?

• Meg

What does your husband do? I figured he didn’t work since you always have time to go to disney (lucky!). Lexi is adorable btw. So big!!

• Tara

She is so adorable! And these are beautiful photos!