Easter Activities 2014

Written by Elena @The Art of Making a Baby on. Posted in Fun as a Toddler Mom, FUN TIMES, LIFE, Life as a Toddler, PHOTO, TODDLER

The day before Easter, when all the Easter activities were happening in our town, we went out to a nearby island for some festivities. It was actually a really amazing Egg hunt, with games and bounce houses, really great music and a lot of activities. We got there pretty late due to some scheduling conflicts, so after meeting up with Kristy, Brian and Alexa proceeded to drive to another area of town for another Easter Egg Hunt and Bunny photos.

For such an affluent area where most residents are older couples, we surely do get spoiled with a lot kid oriented activities. There were at least 7 different egg hunts that I knew of, all of which were really great.

easter9

IMG_1493

IMG_1499easter7

easter6

At the new location, they had complementary Bunny Photos, and a modern “egg hunt” where you walk from store to store picking up candy. The girls were more interested in walking around and saying hi to the store clerks than candy itself, though that was a big bonus.

bunnyeaster

IMG_1615

IMG_1614

Afterwards we had lunch at a waterfront restaurant and then went to our house to continue the day with some egg painting, which you can see here.

easter4

The next morning, we gave Lexi her Easter Basket. She LOOOOVED everything in it. We read books, played with the yo-yo and the slinky, and she especially loved the chirping chick and the pouncing bunny.

easter3 easter2  IMG_1712IMG_1700

After we got done with the Easter basket, I decided to share some of the Easter sweets I claimed earlier in the week and gave her a chocolate bunny pop. She didn’t eat more than half an ear and she was so cute doing it, but since then I resolved to stop offering sweets at all. I used to occasionally ask her if she wants ice cream when we are out, because I know how happy it makes her, but I have recently decided that nothing good comes of sweets, and unless she specifically asks, I should not be offering just because I know she’d like it. It’s been hard holding my tongue and not offering her things once in a while, but I’ve been surprised by the fact that she really asks less than I had originally thought. We don’t eat many sweets at home, so it’s not usually a problem here.

IMG_1728

easter

Man, that makes me want some chocolate! :)

Crazy For Daisies dress is from Biscotti and Kate Mack’s  spring line 2013

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Taa

Lexi is so beautiful!! :)

• Maggie

Where is that flower dress from? I love it!

• Lisa

OMG that breastfeeding picture! That is my 2 year old’s favorite nursing position – hand in my hair, foot in my face :)
    I’ve never met another full-term nursing mama around here, so it’s nice to see!

• Lilia

Love the last two pictures, she looks so pretty! And the white flower dress makes me want to have a girl!!!

• Corinne

Oh my word, she looks about 3 or 4 years old in those bottom pictures! Was she as excited to collect the eggs as she was last year? I found that C was really only into it if she actually had to search for the eggs and not if they were scattered in a field and it being a free-for-all.

• Bianca

Love this post. I think it’s her hair- her curls were so cute, but now I am loving that straight long hair. Perfect color for her, like a sandy brown.
    When are her new glasses going to arrive? I remember you said you ordered a few special pairs. Can’t wait to see her I them, I know they will be gorgeous (although her starter pair here are cute, and she resembles her grandma).

Where is that yellow Easter outfit from, so cute and age appropriate. They might not sell it now that the season is over, but I’d love that for my little one, for next year.

Bianca,

the dress is from Biscotti and Kate Mack. unfortunately it’s completely out of stock, but if you go into their sale section they are some similar dresses from last seasons.

On glasses, we have the frames here, it’s just a matter of filling them with Rx which we haven’t had time for because of all the travelling. They aren’t special either, just different and sized better for her face.

• Laura

Oh my gosh, with her adorable glasses, she looks just like your Mother, soooooo sweet!

• Chelsea

She is so cute!! I understand what you mean about not offering sweets. Part of me wants to offer them to my little one, but since she doesn’t ask I have stopped as well. I think it’s because we know treats are kind of fun and we want our little ones to experience that, but you’re right that if they don’t ask…no need to offer. Our daughter is a much pickier eater than Lexi, too, so she doesn’t eat as many vegetables and all the great stuff Lexi eats. We sure wish she would and we’ll keep trying. :)

• Katie

I love your shirt in the picture of you nursing Lexi. What’s the brand? I know you’ve recommended some of your favorite brands before- can you list them again or point me in the direction to the correct post? Thanks!

Hey, Katie!
      I don’t think I ever listed favorite nursing brands, because really there is only one contender that I am in love with: Boob Design. Which is the wear the top is from :)