Rainy Day Family Photoshoot

Written by Elena @The Art of Making a Baby on. Posted in BABY, Daily, LIFE, Life as a Toddler, PHOTO, TODDLER

Ok, so picture a perfect family photoshoot at a gorgeous beachside hotel?

Beautiful coral, mint and white colors, sparkling beach, tropical huts….

Perfection, right? What could be more gorgeous that a setting like that for a family photoshoot?

Ugh! Our luck ( seriously, it seems like every time we set out to go take beautiful pictures for the sake of beautiful pictures, something goes wrong!) would have it, it was THE RARE rainy day. Not the “30 minute thunderstorm and then sunny all day” like we are used to, but good ol’ Cleveland type of nasty, cold, yucky rain…. Brrrr…

We dragged our photographer/BFF, Leeka, all the way there for nothing.

We did take photos, except that we looked like wet rats with frizzy hair, but still fun to look back at. And of course her photography is absolutely beautiful!

Photos are by Magic Memory Works, edited by me.

{Lexi’s age: 22 months}

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-20

02 babies cincinnati_wedding_photographer-46 kisses

umbrella

rain

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-80 cincinnati_wedding_photographer-85

shhhhh

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-129
laplayalaplyaa

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-124stair

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Verna

I love the one of you and Andrew looking at each other while Lexi climbs up the stairs next to you! That one is great!!

• Crystal

Where did you get your dress? I LOVE IT! My two favorite colors!

• mel

aaaaaaaw you and your husband look sooooo in love!!!

• Bailey

I love the one with Lexi going up the stairs and you and your husband looking at each other

• Sam

You guys look adorable all matching. I was kinda hoping this post would have ended with all of you guys frolicking in the rain, soaked and smiling. Haha. That would have made for some fun pictures to look back on.

Do you mind if I ask why it says these were professional photos by your friend, but then edited by you?

Is that her baby? What an adorable little thing!!

Lol my husband would have had to have a lot to drink to agree on that. We weren’t in the best of moods anyways.

Not sure i understand your question. Are you asking why the photographer didn’t edit these? Because it takes a long time to edit photos and these were just for us, not an actual job that she had. Just a friend taking photos of our family.

• S.

Love the pics! Is baby #2 on the way (given the shhhhs)?? 😉
    x

• NS

Hi Elena, I am a big fan of yours and get lot of inspiration from you. Would you care to share bath/skin care routine of Alexis ? I am sure you must be extra careful picking soaps/lotions etc for Alexis :))

It’s pretty simple NS! We use Lavanila for everything: wash, shampoo, body lotion and rash cream. :) We’ve had this routine from the very beginning.

• S.

True but could have been a pre-announcement family shoot… 😉

x

• Happy Mommy

Maybe bad luck for the weather, yet the results are lovely. I love the interaction between you, your husband and Lexi. I feel so much love in these photos :-)
    Carol