Summertime

Written by Elena @The Art of Making a Baby on. Posted in Daily, My Pregnancy, PHOTO

I just got done posting a very colorful summery post on Selfie Magic and felt like I needed to add some color here too.

Since I don’t feel right posting photos my husband took of me on my photography blog ( b/c  it’s not my photography), I thought I’d post these two photos here.

The first one is me slathering my buddah belly with pregnancy-safe sunblock ( from what I read, zinc oxide ones are pretty safe).

It’s amazing how much clothing accentuates a pregnant belly, as evidenced by my 2nd picture. My next post pre-planned in my head: non-maternity purchases to wear throughout maternity + plus a few actual maternity things (gasp!).

Nursery preparations are in full swing, mostly in my head and on the computer.

We’ll be going with a lavender/violet theme with a few bright accents ( mostly yellow) and lots of white! I want a bright happy nursery room.

Tomorrow hubby will be going to Lowes to pick up a few supplies for the room. As of right now, I will be making a few wall decorations myself, hubby will be refinishing and painting a dresser and a nightstand we bought, my sister in Russia will be sewing our crib bedding and my friend India agreed to paint a small mural on the wall ( she’s super talented!). And while I am not a sentimental kind ( i throw out cards right after reading them, and don’t tend to like 2nd hand or handmade things), it all sort of makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside.

We have also started receiving our first  baby presents, which is super fun! But a completely different post.

• Verna

I love lavender for girls. We’re keeping our nursery neutral for future kids but I want to dress her in a lot of purples. I love getting baby presents!! So fun!!

• Tara

I love the shot of you in the red dress! I love watching your belly grow! Pregnancy is so beautiful! Looking forward to more baby bump pictures!

• Elena @ Art of Making a Baby

Thank you Tara! I got this dress specifically with pregnancy in mind even though it’s not a maternity dress.

• Anne U

Congrats on your little girl, still look amazing.

• Olgetta

When I will have result with my body( I hope it will be striking!) then I could use me “fat” close as maternity one:) lol

Andrew makes good shots!How long it tooto make him good photographer? ))

Lavender! What a great idea!
    I had lavender white and silver deco on my wedding! Love the colour!
    Cant wait to see it with yellow accents..sounds promising!

P.S. Small package without any note which you should get today or tommorow is from me!

• Elena @ Art of Making a Baby

WOW! Are you sure it’s going to be here that fast? I can’t wait to see what it is!!!! I love surprises! :))))))

It took me a LONG LONG time to get Andrew to take good pictures. He still can take really bad ones once in a while- all depends on his mood and how hard he’s trying. And I still have to set the settings for him before he shoots, because it takes him too long to figure it out. But once in a while, he’ll get in the zone and will start snapping really good stuff and changing settings himself. It’s really hit or miss with him :)

Fat clothes as maternity should work. Hope you don’t get “fat” when you get pregnant though. You don’t want to undo all the work you’re doing. Hope you just grow a belly and that’s it.

• Olgetta

I did order on american site (isnt smart?Lol) right after watching reveal video 12 times lol!
    I got email yesterday that estimated day is 9 september.
    So I did my choice based on impulse only cause Lena C showed me up ur wishlist after my purchase.
    Keep me updated ok? I hope I didnt brag too early..It would be not so much fun if it will not arrive though

Here is still fight sometimes to make my hubby nice shot. I have simple camera(Nikon 40Dxkit) and Im quite lame with settings myself..so I try to set something I know before he try the shot..Usually even everything is quite fine the line of horisont is not straight. As soon as Im lame with editing too(do not know photoshop never tried lightroom yet) not so many pictures he did ver going to be public lol I try to thank him all the time to keep motivated)))

Once I ll loose 40-50lbs I hope I will be smart ass to not gain back even having such a trivial excuse like pregnancy.
    For now I ve lost my russiansummerdrandmothersdeliciouscuisinegain and moving forward.

• Elena @ Art of Making a Baby

Ah!!! I see! That’s smart! Well I can’t wait to get it! I’m sure whatever it is i will love it!

It’s not easy to gain reasonably during pregnancy. I hear many women gain 50-60 lbs.

So how close are you to your goal?

• Olgetta

Im still pretty far, cause I started exircise from 1st september at morning everyday plus started to watch on what Im eating.
    Yesterdaywe had party at office I had some champagne and then glass of martini. Since today Im pretty sure that alchool stop to attract me even in that modest way which I had it beofre. Glass of good bordeaux very ocassionaly and glass of champagne for the big date and probably nothing from that in future..who knows?

As for my goal..I have diary, I have iphone application with counting calories and watching nutrition etc..I ve set goals for each month and check all measurements each 5 days and keep myself motived picturing me cool fit mama like you instead of choking fatty “baba” with baby. So my progress is not fast which is good I believe cause more slow you loose more guarantees that they will not back with friends lol
    My english getting worse its 2:32 am in Paris..I used to be in bed but still awake due to hangover..so silly!

Stay fine!